Sunday, April 17, 2011

Daily Story 19 - Paper Towel Drama

(Note: this isn't completely 100% accurate, but the ideas behind the thoughts are the same as what went through my head just before I wrote this.)

I go to the bathroom, I wash my hands, I pull the paper towel and it tears, not at the perforated edges, but right in the middle of the sheet.

Oh, I should probably pull the rest.

Nah, this way it'll save paper.

But now it's all funky with half a sheet.


I toss the half-sheet I used into the trash can.

So? It's saving paper.

But now that half-sheet's going to feel sad. It really ought to be reunited with its other half.

Oh, for- really? Are you really going to go down this road again?

It's so lonely!


I exit the bathroom.

Forget about it! Those two halves didn't get along anyway.

Yeah, okay, I guess you're right- but wait, how do you know that? You're just making things up!


I walk down the hallway.

Oh, God, not this stupid argument again.

Oh yeah, you're right. IT'S JUST A DAMN PIECE OF PAPER TOWEL! IT DOESN'T HAVE FEELINGS!

That's just mean!

IT'S NOT A REAL PERSON! IT'S AN INANIMATE OBJECT!

Okay, yeah, you're right... but still, it just doesn't feel right to have a torn half-sheet hanging there...

It. Saves. Paper.

Actually, whoever uses the bathroom next will probably just take that and the next full sheet, so it's not really saving anything.

Oh, for- IT DOESN'T MATTER! IT'S ONE IN THE MORNING! STOP DOING THIS TO YOURSELF AND GO TO BED!

I'm trying! It's hard not to think about it, though!

Hey, I should write this down, it's kind of funny.


I get back to my room.

Yeah, actually I forgot to write today's daily story. Guess I should've waited to turn the computer off.

I think about it, and I admit, I really don't know what's wrong with me. Oh wait, yes I do. Never mind.

Good night, everyone.

Ha ha, my thoughts are talking to you. I am communicating with you telepathically. Be afraid. Be very afraid.


I finish this story, upload it, and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment