Saturday, May 28, 2011

Daily Story 200 - Sleepy Time

(Yay for 200 stories!)

When I was living in Germany, I had a very specific bedtime routine. I would change into my pajamas, brush my teeth, floss*, put on my acne medication*, go to the bathroom, come back, lock the door, check the main closet, check the smaller cupboard space above the closet, check under the bed, check all around the room, check the door to make sure it was really locked, repeat checks if necessary, turn off the lights, and go to sleep.

When I visited my brother, I would change into my pajamas, brush my teeth, floss*, put on my acne medication*, use the toilet, turn off the lights, and go to sleep.

When I returned home to Colorado, I would change into my pajamas, brush my teeth, floss, put on my acne medication, use the toilet, check behind the shower curtain, make sure the bedroom and bathroom doors were closed, set my alarm, kiss my doggy goodnight, turn off the lights, and go to bed.

When I lived in my dorm in Montana this past year, I would brush my teeth, floss, put on my acne medication, use the toilet, come back, lock the door, make sure my door was closed and locked properly (when locked it still opens from the inside so it's a bit harder to tell from the inside than the door in Germany was), checked both sides of the closet, check under the bed, make sure the blinds were open enough to not have a dark room in the morning, turn off the light, set the alarm, put on my wrist brace thingies, and go to sleep.

Now that I'm back in Colorado, I close the bedroom door, change into my pajamas, brush my teeth, floss (which reminds me, I need new floss since my last thing was retired), put on my acne medication, check behind the shower curtain, close the bathroom door, close the blinds (my bedroom window here is easier to see into than the one in Montana), kiss my doggy goodnight, turn off the light, set my alarm, put on my wrist thingies, and go to sleep.

If I've learned one thing about my bedtime routine, it is that the length of it is dependent on there being no place for crazy people to easily hide. Doggy makes it hard for people to hide places because she is doggy and she does not ignore new people or even not so new people who come into a room she is in. Doggy does not go into shower, though, so doggy is useless against shower crazies.

I like doggy.

*Until I ran out, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment