Monday, June 6, 2011

Daily Story 207 - Floss Wars

Ever since my floss ran out, I have found myself in need of some new floss. However, it has been difficult to obtain it, as I could never remember it until late at night, when it came time to brush my teeth and go to bed. Finally, though, I was able to get the message across to my mother, and she followed my instructions and obtained for me some new, fancier floss. She even brought me two different kinds.

However, this has caused a problem with the flossing ritual. For you see, it is difficult to choose between two different yet eerily similar kinds of floss, and so I find myself having to give both flosses the attention they deserve, otherwise there could be a major problem, just like there was when my toothpaste had to share a bathroom counter with my parents' toothpaste. I would hate to see a full-fledged floss war happening in my bathroom.

So far, I have only used one brand of floss - the Oral-B Glide floss. However, the Crest Glide floss yearns to be used as well, and it grows angry and impatient in its plastic-and-cardboard packaging. I ought to take it out and use it as well, but then the Oral-B might feel rejected. Not only that, but it seems like I ought to use one completely before starting on the other. However, explaining that to the Crest might be difficult...

If only my floss would come to terms with its existence and be brave and kind like the old Safeway floss that stayed faithful and true to the very end, life would be so much better for both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment