Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Giving Back

Hi.

If you haven't read my review of Hollow Earth then you should really consider doing so before you read this. Go do that now. Done? Good.

Anyway, as I said at the end of that review, I thought it was only fair to give back to something that gave me so much joy and excitement this summer, but seeing as I live in the middle of nowhere and trying to return the favor to the authors would be difficult without resorting to being a creepy stalker or just really annoying and spammy on twitter, I decided to go a different route. After all, authors get thanked for their books all the time, but what about the actual books? What do they get? Not nearly enough, that's what, and I want to change that. So, I did the most sensible thing imaginable: I took my copy of Hollow Earth on an adventure*.

But what kind of adventure can one take a book on? Well... hell if I know, but I did it anyway. And it just so happens that I live someplace where adventures aren't all that difficult to find, so let's get this party started!

Exploring the valley!





Walking the dog!

 







(Watching the dog) going for a swim!





Reading up on the local history!

 



Walking down the main street!

 


Realizing how hard it is to take photos with the dog on a leash!

 


Enjoying the sights (with the dog)!

 


Admiring the wildflowers!



 Browsing the local Arts Festival!





Watching the annual Rubber Duckie Race (with the proper waterproof gear, of course)!




And since I did read the whole thing above an art gallery (and art is such a big part of the plot in general)...

Admiring the artwork!





Selecting from our gallery's extensive selection of Larson-Juhl® frames!




Doing inventory!




Working on a puzzle!




Staring longingly out the kitchen window!




Working on a puzzle... on a puzzle!

 



Staring longingly at the kitchen window!

 



Working on a puzzle on a puzzle on a puzzle!

 


Working on a puzzle on a puzzle on a puzzle on a puzzle!

 



Working on a... oh, forget it.

 


And finally, taking a nice, refreshing nap in the shade.


And thus concludes the adventures of my copy of Hollow Earth. For now, at least (dun dun dunnnn).



*Since I did this before I got my copy of Bone Quill I didn't get to take BQ on an adventure yet. Hopefully this will change at some point in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment