Monday, December 2, 2013

Please Be Impressed Mr. Oancitizen

I seem to have this recurring dream where I'm back in college and I'm very confused about my class schedule and constantly forgetting to do work so I seem to be in a constant state of panic. Last night my brain decided to make it a little more interesting by putting me in a theater class where Doug Walker of thatguywiththeglasses.com was teaching, with the help of many others from Channel Awesome. His assignment for the weekend was to find a song to sing for the class on Monday, and I decided that my song would be De Strangers' Jantje Zag Eens Pruimen Hangen because I already have the lyrics memorized and I thought it would be a good humorous addition to all the songs my classmates would be choosing, plus I really wanted to impress Kyle Kallgren of Brows Held High with my Flemish heritage and consequent knowledge of Dutch music. The dream ended in a panic because I couldn't find any Lederhosen or even a regular ol' pair of suspenders (I own neither in real life but I was convinced that I had suspenders somewhere), because I might as well go all out, right?

I have no idea how the performance went since I woke up before it happened, but I'm assuming it was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment